Tuesday, October 6, 2009

pln13

In my experiences with technology and typing I think it’s much more difficult than traditional writing. From my point of view I write much more and use better wording when writing with a pen/pencil, this year my English class started using computers and I have been struggling to keep up my grades. Last year I had to do everything in hand and I made honor role with stellar grades in that class. What my belief is on typing papers is that students spend more time focusing on typing than word choice or spelling, maybe in future generations typing will become like writing with a pen/pencil, unfourtunintaly my generation is not that lucky. We are bound to flounder with typing until we finally grasp it through very hard work. Typing will most likely evolve through the generations, as for mine we will have to grasp it firmly to proceed to the professions of the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm one of your mentors, Danielle. I agree with you. Technology can be very distracting, especially with the internet and games on our computers. This also can affect the result of a student's work. I find that writing with a pen and paper is more efficient for me, but typing can be more efficient for the environment. We're using more paper to do the same work. My advice would be to take your time with typing until you're able to adapt. Move at your own pace. If it takes you more time to complete one assignment, so be it. It will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete