Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pln6

This year I was the new kid coming into high school and I really didn't know what to expect. I was at a new school, out-of-district, and I really didn't know anybody. But so far this year has been great because I'm not the new kid any more and I have made lots of friends. How I did this so quickly was simply getting involved. When you are the new kid, you tend to build barriers and stick to yourself. What helped me get around those walls was soccer. When tryouts began for soccer, I had made a few friends but not enough; as tryouts went on I built strong bonds with my whole team. Outside of tryouts my friends were my teammates and I expanded from there. It didn't take long to start meeting new people with the help of my team. For incoming freshmen next year my only advice is to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment